Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment is a U.S. FDA 510(k)-cleared and European CE mark-certified, non-invasive pain therapy device for the management of chronic and acute pain. It is used to treat debilitating pain, especially when narcotic painkillers, such as morphine, are ineffective.
Calmare has been successful in treating pain associated with:
- Oncology (cancer), including pancreatic, breast, bladder, lung, prostate, colon, rectal, kidney, ovarian, cervical, liver, uterine, etc.
- Neuropathy (nerve/nervous system), including sciatic and lumbar pain, phantom limb syndrome, failed back surgery syndrome, etc.
Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment has been shown to be effective in treating chronic neuropathic and oncologic pain unlike other pain management devices such as a traditional TENS device which works primarily with musculoskeletal pain, including arthritis and fibromyalgia. Unlike narcotic drugs (morphine, etc), the Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment is a non-addictive treatment that avoids the harmful, potentially fatal, adverse side effects and addictive properties linked to addictive, sometimes toxic, painkillers.
Patients are comfortably connected to the Calmare Therapy Treatment device via small surface electrodes (similar to those used in EKG and other medical procedures) that are placed on the patient’s skin near the area where the patient is experiencing pain. It treats pain through a biophysical process rather than with drugs. When the device is turned on, it sends a very low current of electrical stimulation through the nerve fibers, which carries a “no pain” signal to the brain that essentially overrides the previous pain signal. After a series of treatments with Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment Arizona , the patient’s pain is steadily decreased to allow the patient to participate in more daily activities and enjoy a better quality of life.
Patients receive a prescription from their doctor to receive treatments as an outpatient procedure. Each treatment steadily diminishes the pain intensity of the patient. During treatment, a patient is treated at a level that removes pain and doesn’t cause discomfort.
- For patients with neuropathic pain: 10-12 daily treatments of 30-45 minutes are scheduled during which the patient is connected to the MC5-A device .
- For Patients with oncologic pain: 10-12 treatments are scheduled based on the patient’s pain control needs.
The Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment has helped thousands of patients reduce and manage their pain while many patients report becoming pain-free after completing the treatment protocol. It is safe and free from side effects and addiction associated with other treatment options. Regardless of pain intensity, during each treatment, a patient’s pain can be completely removed for immediate relief.
Calmare Pain Therapy Treatment is currently in use in the United States at major pain management and cancer research hospitals including:
- Virginia Commonwealth University’s Massey Cancer Center
- University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Paul Carbone Cancer Center
It is also available in the United States and internationally at major pain clinics and hospitals including:
- La Sapienza University of Rome
- Pain Management Center at Tor-Vergata University Medical Center, Rome
- Fondazione Parco Biomedico San Raffaele, Rome
- Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan